Friday, October 28, 2011

What to do on Halloween?

Filipino believes in the saying "The Family that prays together stays together." Perhaps, some forget this but to me, it is very important. I value relationship most especially my family.

During the celebration of All Saints Day which is on November 1, a lot of people will be at the cemetery to visit their departed love ones. This is one way of remembering them through offering them prayers and food for their souls. Some would say, we are crazy offering food and prayers to the dead. This what I used to.

On the other hand, November 2, is All Souls day. Some would prefer to go to the cemetery on this day to avoid traffic and bunch of people on the streets. I think we are scheduled on this date also, to visit my Lolo and Lola. It will be a family reunion with all my relatives, to which I don't see often.

Meanwhile, October 31, 2011 and November 1, was declared by Pres. Noy as a special non-working holiday and regular holiday respectively. It will be a long weekend for everybody here in the Philippines. November 2, 2011 is a regular working day.

Hope everybody is safe and sound during this celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ping Blog